Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Welcome

Hey! Thank you, kind citizen, for checking out our blog! If you can’t tell already, this blog is about why you should pay attention and care about the Syrian Uprising. We compare the topic of Syrian Civil War to the stories, Oedipus, Persepolis, Things Fall Apart, and Night. All of these books take place during different times in history but each have an overall message that correlates with what is currently happening in Syria. Check out our editorials for a more in-depth comparison of Syria’s struggles with the stories. Thanks for reading and feel free to comment!



Watch this video to learn more about the civil war in Syria:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGXCNYc9QDM

7 comments:

  1. Really liked this site, lots of information on it. I didn't realize that over 2 million people had to flee the country, the news never really publicizes that, or the fact that over 100,000 are dead. The news doesn't cover the topic of Syria anymore now that the U.S isn't involved, we never hear of the war, or the struggles Syrians face anymore. -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very insightful, I like how you compared the Syrian War to each book you have read in class this year. Also liked how you have links people can visit to donate to help the refugees in Syria. Well done on the project. -Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea to put donation links was a very nice touch, it displays that you really want to do something to solve this issue! This project is very well put together, and very informative. Good job! -Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the blog! You have tons of great information on such a horrible situation, and it's heartbreaking to know that thousands of children have to live through such horrible conditions. I like how you included links to donate to and a video for more information. -Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow nice website Bailey! I didn't know very much about the Syrian Revolution, but now I know a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this rocks hard it should get tons of extra bonus points and an A+
    way to #churnup guys

    - Elora Galluzzo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so good! I loved reading about it!

    ReplyDelete